1. Unless agreed otherwise in writing, 50% of the invoice must be paid after terms of contract are agreed. On completion of filming a further 25% of the invoice must be paid immediately. With the outstanding balance of 25% paid on completion. In relation to specific contracts, these figures or terms may be varied as set out in the respective contract.
2. For invoices over £1000 sterling The Chase Films Ltd will issue an invoice for payment as each sum becomes due, to be paid within 30 days of the date of that invoice or by date agreed with the client.
3. For invoices under £1000 sterling The Chase Films Ltd may require payment upon completion of transfer of goods or services to the purchaser.
4. The Chase Films Ltd will liaise with the client on any charges relating the production, that fall outside of the original invoice/quote. Once any additional charges have been agreed with the client, a variation order will be raised.
5. If payment is not received within 30 days of the invoice date, The Chase Films Ltd will automatically charge interest at a rate of 10% per annum, which will be added to the customer’s account.
6. Payment may be made by bank transfer, cheque or cash.
7. All cheques must be made payable to The Chase Films Ltd
8. The customer’s requirements must be clearly provided to The Chase Films Ltd in writing before commencement of work.
Pre-production rates are charged at an hourly rate of £55. The Chase Films Ltd will liaise with the client to establish a pre-production forecast and create a bank of hours. Should the pre-production bank of hours get with 10% of completion The Chase Films Ltd will inform the client in order to agree any additional hours.
Filming Hours are agreed to be no more than 8 hours. Any further time will incur a charge of £35 per hour per crew member.
The initial edit plus one set of changes are included in the price.
This initial edit is sent to the client for approval or changes.
Once approved or changes made any further changes/additions in edit/post production is subject to a variation order charged at an hourly rate of £88
Finished product is delivered on by a file transfer in the requested output. By default a 1920×1080 Quicktime MOV is provided at 25Mbps.
If required duplication of DVD’s is required the fully Authored Master DVD is charged at £185. Duplication costs will be provided and agreed with the client in advance of any work being undertaken.
9. Major alterations to a project, not agreed prior to the commencement of work, must be made subject to a further written agreement.
10. A video programme will only be publicly released by The Chase Films Ltd once the customer approves all content as complete and satisfactory and confirms this in writing.
11. A customer may terminate the contract at any time by written notice of termination.
12. When a customer terminates the contract, they will remain liable to pay in full for all work previously undertaken and in progress by The Chase Films Ltd unless any other written agreement is reached in advance.
13. Any monies (excluding the deposit) held on account and unused will be returned subject to a 5% administration charge.
14. The Chase Films Ltd reserves the right to refuse to use, publish or broadcast any information it considers obscene or morally unsuitable or which would breach copyrights, or which is libellous, defamatory or illegal.
15. Should such a submission occur, the customer will be advised which information was deemed unsuitable, and requested to amend the information. If the customer can show good reason to use the “unsuitable” information, its inclusion may be considered.
16. The Chase Films Ltd cannot be held liable for loss or damage caused as a result of third party action or failure.
17. The client shall provide appropriate security arrangements for any filming outside of the United Kingdom for which The Chase Films Ltd provides crew or equipment and such arrangements shall be notified to The Chase Films Ltd in writing in advance of travel to that jurisdiction.
18. The Chase Films Ltd cannot be held liable to any party for any errors on any medium after the customer has agreed in writing that the content is correct and accurate and should be posted, published or broadcast.
19. Customer contracts may be modified by agreement in writing at any time to add or delete services to better fit the customer’s needs.
20. If a project requires additional content this is, in effect, a contract change. An amendment will be made to the original contract and, once approved, becomes contractually binding.
21. E-mail correspondence shall be sufficient to prove changes to agreements for the form and content of programmes.
22. The Chase Films Ltd will not commence work on any project until a signed purchase order or equivalent signed document has been provided by the client.
23. In consideration of, and subject to, the final payment of full fees due to The Chase Films Ltd by the customer, The Chase Films Ltd hereby assigns to the customer with full title guarantee all the distribution rights of the final production only. All rushes, project files, music files, photographic files remain the property of The Chase Films Ltd under authorship copyright – referred to as the ‘first owner of copyright’ under the 1988 Copyright, Designs and Patents Act. A release fee of an agreed percentage of the final production budget must be agreed either in advance or prior at the author’s (The Chase Films Ltd) discretion for release of all production rushes, project files, music files, photographic files etc.
24. Any confidential or proprietary information which is acquired by The Chase Films Ltd from a client company, person or entity will not be used or disclosed to any person or entity, except when required to do so by law. If required, The Chase Films Ltd will sign and adhere to the conditions of any Confidentiality Agreement used by the client.
25. Any contract requiring The Chase Films Ltd to work to specific deadlines provided within the written agreement will be deemed to include a proviso that the clients will make themselves reasonably available to communicate with The Chase Films Ltd, its servants or agents, as necessary.
26. The Chase Films Ltd office hours are 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday unless notified otherwise.
27. Any claims must be made in writing to The Chase Films Ltd within 7 days of receipt of goods. If no claim is made within this period the client is deemed to have accepted the goods at the agreed price.
28. Should the customer have cause to make any complaint about service or programmes the complaint, if put in writing, will be acknowledged by The Chase Films Ltd within 14 days and a detailed reply will be issued to the customer within a further 28 days thereafter. In cases of complaint, all relevant work together with invoice and original materials should be returned to The Chase Films Ltd.
29. The Chase Films Ltd shall be under no liability if unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond its control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or other action taken by suppliers or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the client may, by written notice to The Chase Films Ltd, elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
30. Initial consultation meeting costs will be inclusive in the agreed quote. Any further meetings that involve travel beyond 40 miles round trip will be charged at 50p a mile and at an hourly rate of £68.